Opening Nights at Florida State University engages the university, local, and global communities in creative experiences. The series annually presents over 75 performances, events, and education experiences for the university and community at-large.
The Artist Services Intern will assist with merchandise sales, artist hospitality, and additional services needed before, during, and after Opening Nights events. The position is designed for individuals interested in learning more about performing arts presenting.
The intern will perform a variety of administrative functions important to the series, and will assist with one or more of the following projects at any given time:
- Artist hospitality before, during, and after events
- Artist transportation
- Front-of-house merchandise sales
- Event administrative preparation
- Office administrative tasks
- Attend weekly staff meetings (Mondays at 9:00 am)
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Cash handling experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Passion for the arts
Candidates must be willing to work a regular office schedule for 7 hours per week:
- Fall Semester – September through December
- Spring Semester – January through April
Candidates must also be available to work evenings and weekends for performances. This is a paid internship.
Juniors, seniors, and graduate students only. Theatre, Dance, Music, and Arts Administration majors preferred. Customer service experience preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Artist Services Intern” in the subject line.