Updated Policies and Procedures
Updated October 19, 2020
These best practices have been reviewed by the Chief Medical Officer for the FSU COVID Testing Program.
For the health and safety of our patrons, new performance attendance protocols and procedures are being implemented for the Opening Nights 2020-21 Season. The latest event and safety information will be posted on this page so please check back regularly.
Ticket purchasers will receive a pre-show email with specific safety requirements prior to each performance.
Opening Nights, in conjunction with venue management, will implement the following protocols:
- Please do not attend an Opening Nights performance if you or anyone with whom you have had contact in the last 14 days has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Prior to coming to Opening Nights for a performance, patrons are strongly encouraged to go through the CDC signs and symptoms.
- All patrons must wear a face mask and observe social distancing inside the venue.
- Ushers will provide face masks to guests who do not have one.
- Ticket holders who arrive at the venue and are unable to attend due to coronavirus protocols will be offered a credit to a future performance during the Opening Nights 2020-21 Season.
- All Opening Nights events are NON-Smoking.
- Persons and bags are subject to screening.
Seating at Performances
- Due to social distancing, for Winter programs Opening Nights is limiting capacity to roughly 30 percent of the total venue capacity with seats arranged in pairs and groups of four.
- To comply with CDC guidelines on social distancing, patrons will be seated by zone at the appointed time that is indicated on their performance tickets. In consideration of fellow patrons, please promptly arrive at the appointed time on your ticket.
- Late seating is not guaranteed. Latecomers to events will be seated in accordance with the artist’s preference or at the discretion of the House Manager and Opening Nights staff.
- Patrons arriving prior to their appointed seating times should remain in their cars.
- When standing in line to enter the venue, please adhere to social distancing of 6 feet.
- While exiting the venue, patrons should maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
- Tickets on the floor and first level will enter and exit through The Moon’s west entrance. All upper level ticket holders will enter through The Moon’s front entrance.
- Please do not move chairs or change tables without the assistance of an usher.
Ticketing and Programs
- Patrons will have the option of “print-at-home tickets” and mailed tickets.
- All tickets have a $2 non-refundable service fee. Sponsors and members at the Associate level and above have service fees waived.
- Seats will be sold in pairs or at a table of four.
- If seats are available, tickets will be sold the day of the show at The Moon Box Office between 6:30 and 7 pm for 7:30 performances.
- The Moon Box Office will be open one hour prior to the performance for customer service.
- Programs will only be available digitally and will be emailed out in advance of the performance.
Venue Cleaning Protocols
- The Moon will be sanitized before and after each event with a full building disinfection ULV fogging system that uses hypochlorous acid at 500 PPM.
- Masks must be worn when walking to the restrooms and when inside the restrooms. An attendant at each restroom will control access and sanitization.
- Prior to each performance, high-touched surfaces such as railings, door handles, counters and tables will be cleaned and disinfected.
- After each performance, seat covers will be laundered and sanitized.
- Sanitizing stations will be placed at all entry points; the front of the house, the back of the house and the member lounge.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending an Opening Nights event and entering The Moon facilities, employees, volunteers, and patrons voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- All beverage service will be table service. There will be no walk-up service available.
- Beverages will be served in plastic cups.
- Table service for beverages is available until 10 minutes before the start of the performance. Credit cards or ON Member Complimentary Beverage Tickets only please. No cash accepted.
General parking is available in the Parkway Center parking lot on Apalachee Parkway (near the Beall’s Outlet). Crosswalk attendants will be in place an hour prior to the performance.
Accessible parking is available in the main parking lot adjacent to The Moon.
Sponsor and Member Parking
The gated parking lot at The Moon is reserved for Concierge parking. Preferred parking is available directly across the street from The Moon in the south parking lot of the Parkway Center. Crosswalk attendants will be in place an hour prior to the performance.
See Parking Map and Directions at The Moon
Sponsor and Member Lounge
Opening Nights Sponsors and Members at the Partner level and above will have access to the Member Lounge. For 7:30 pm performances, the lounge will open at 6:30 pm and close at 7:15 pm. Those attending the Member Lounge will be subject to the same protocols and procedures listed above.