Updated Policies and Procedures
Updated March 2, 2021
For the health and safety of our patrons, performance attendance protocols and procedures are being implemented for the Opening Nights 2020-21 Season. The latest event and safety information will be posted on this page so please check back regularly.
Ticket purchasers will receive a pre-show email with specific safety requirements prior to each performance.
Opening Nights, in conjunction with venue management, will implement the following protocols:
- Please do not attend an Opening Nights performance if you or anyone with whom you have had contact in the last 14 days has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Prior to attending an Opening Nights performance, please review the CDC signs and symptoms.
- Masks are mandatory at all times in The Moon, including while sitting during the performance.
- Patrons will not be allowed to enter The Moon without wearing a mask. Ushers will provide face masks to guests who do not have one.
- All patrons must observe social distancing inside the venue.
- All Opening Nights events are NON-Smoking.
- Persons and bags are subject to screening.
Seating at Performances
- To help ensure social distancing for performances, Opening Nights is limiting capacity to roughly 30 percent of the total venue capacity with most seats arranged in pairs and groups of four. There are a limited number of single seats available.
- Patrons may be seated by zone at the appointed time that is indicated on their performance tickets.
- Late seating is not guaranteed. Latecomers to events will be seated in accordance with the artist’s preference or at the discretion of the House Manager and Opening Nights staff.
- Given the reduced capacity for performances, all patrons may enter through The Moon’s front Main entrance. When standing in line to enter the venue, please adhere to social distancing of 6 feet.
- While exiting the venue, patrons should maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
- Please do not move chairs or change tables without the assistance of an usher.
Ticketing and Programs
- Patrons will have the option of “print-at-home tickets” and mailed tickets.
- All tickets have a $2 non-refundable service fee. Sponsors and members at the Associate level and above have service fees waived. (the exception is PRISM at the Tucker Center)
- Most seats will be sold in pairs or at a table of four. There are a limited number of single seats available per performance.
- If seats are available, tickets will be sold the day of the show at The Moon Box Office between 6:30 and 7 pm for 7:30 performances.
- The Moon Box Office will be open one hour prior to the performance for customer service.
- Programs will only be available digitally and will be emailed out in advance of the performance.
Venue Cleaning Protocols
- The Moon will be sanitized before and after each event with a full building disinfection ULV fogging system that uses hypochlorous acid at 500 PPM.
- Masks must be worn when walking to the restrooms and when inside the restrooms.
- Prior to each performance, high-touched surfaces such as railings, door handles, counters and tables will be cleaned and disinfected.
- After each performance, seat covers will be laundered and sanitized.
- Sanitizing stations will be placed at all entry points.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending an Opening Nights event and entering The Moon facilities, employees, volunteers, and patrons voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- To ensure masks are being worn at all times during the performance, beverages will not be served during Opening Nights performances.
- At this time there is no table service.
- All patrons are welcome to enjoy beverages in The Moon’s Silver Moon Lounge prior to performances. The lounge, which is accessed from the lobby, will be open from 6:30 to 7:15 pm. Beer, wine, liquor and soft drinks are available for purchase. Sponsors and Members with drink tickets may redeem them for beer, wine and soft drinks.
- Beverages may not leave the lounge.
Sponsor and Member Lounge
- Sponsors and Members may redeem their drink tickets in The Moon’s Silver Moon Lounge prior to each performance from 6:30 to 7:15 pm. The lounge is accessed from the lobby. Beer, wine, liquor and soft drinks are available for purchase. Sponsors and Members with drink tickets may redeem them for complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks.
- Beverages may not leave the lounge.