Located in the Werkmeister Reading Room in Dodd Hall, the Heritage Museum displays photographs, ephemera, and artifacts that document the history of FSU. Dodd Hall was built in 1923 and served as the library for the Florida State College for Women, and then for FSU until Strozier Library was built in 1956. Renovations began to improve the former library space in 1991. The reading room is named for Professor William H. & Dr. Lucyle T. Werkmeister. The crown jewel of the room is the Werkmeister Window, a stained glass window that took over 10 years to build and contains more than 10,000 individual pieces.
General parking is available in the St. Augustine Garage located on the corner of Pensacola and Copeland Streets, and the Call Street Garage located on corner of Call and Macomb Streets. Accessible parking is available at the North Entrance of Ruby Diamond Concert Hall and along Convocation Way. The accessible entrance drop-off area is located at the north entrance of Ruby Diamond (the roundabout) and may be accessed by Convocation Way. Elevators are available to take patrons to the appropriate floor.
Florida State University
Heritage Museum at Dodd Hall
641 University Way
Tallahassee, FL 32306